Friday, October 1, 2010

Response to "Elizabeth" by Alex Tang

   After I finish my own story of the woman who received a letter, I found a quote from Alex Tang's blog:
She cried and cried for hours. She could not believe that he was gone. She had loved him for so long and so much. The pain was indescribable. She locked herself in her room. It was as if her heart was hit with the force of 10,00 fists. Her heart was shattered into a million pieces. She could no longer take it. Her pain and sorrow was too much for her. She got up and jumped out the window.
  I like this paragraph because Alex wrote the same ending for this picture as mine-- the woman died. Both of our paragraph talk about that her husband got killed in the war and the lady is just unstoppable crying and crying. Alex describes the Elizabeth's emotion very clearly and specific. In Alex's vision, Elizabeth jumps out and die; In my vision, she just kills herself with the knife.
  I like the part where he said "It was as if her heart was hit with the force of 10,00 fists. Her heart was shattered into a million pieces. Her pain and sorrow was too much for her." These three sentences clearly show how sadness Elizabeth was. I especially how he described her heart was shattered into million pieces, because this express Elizabeth was sadness without any minds. Her heart was broke down and could not fix it back because her husband was already died. Also, I saw a transition in these sentences--they expressed that Elizabeth would kill herself soon.
   What I think the reasons why everyone was thinking about a sadness ending are because the color in the picture are very dark. I am sure that for everyone was hard to see Elizabeth's face in a small screen, so people feel she is sad and crying after reading the letter. Anyway, I see how the artist who drew this picture with skillfulness. I also like how the artist drew the Shadow very specific-- the mirror and the bed, they are such real for me. I would rather to have see more drawings that this artist drew.

No comments:

Post a Comment