Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Last Part of the Garcia Girl

    Finally we FINISH the book! OMG, to me this book is harder to read more than " The House On Mango street" just because this book has so Spanish Words without English Definition. Anyway, I still finish reading this book and Yeah!
    In the class discussion today, our group kind of discuss which part of the book we like the most. For me, I think the second part is the best, and then the first part, last is the last part. I do not know why, I feel more interesting on how those Garcia Girls' teenager period look like even though there is a lot of sex in it. I sort of like the first part about how the girls help celebrate the old man's 70 years old birthday, and I just learned a lesson by that section: When our parents are getting old, and old enough someday, they want the family to be together more than anything else. To them, they rather to see their sons or daughters, grand-children more than anything they want. I dislike the last part of the book because not only I already know what happen next, there are a lot of boring staff of how they first attend to the America and know nothing about this country.
    All in all, I give a lot of hopes to the next book we read for next month, and not to get a confusing book like this one. However, I just realize a big point of this book in the class discussion-- the first page of the third section is the beginning of the story, and the last page of the first section is the ending of this book. This order is unique which this is my first time to read book like this. My opinion to it is that it is boring if you know what happen next but read the "present tense" story. Just like watching the movie, if you know what is the ending about, would you watch the whole movie again? Obviously, No! This is what happen to me in reading this book. Oh, thanks God! I finally finish this book!
    Anyway, this book isn't that bad like the way I am describing. Although it is confusing, but the story is cool and interested. The most important thing is that at least this book is not the worst one I read!-- "Macbeth" by William Shakespeare. That book is really confusing and no grammar or Word orders at all. [Maybe this is the book's special point, but anyway, hopefully the next book will give me more surprises!]

No comments:

Post a Comment