Saturday, December 4, 2010

Warriors don't cry

   In Friday discussion, the book our group had discussed is " Warriors don't cry." So far, I pretty likes this book-- In my opinion, this book is better than " How the Garcia Lost their Accent's." Not just because the " Warriors" has the easier words to read, and also the story is more interesting. Basically, in the discussion we had yesterday, we taught a lot about the context and the history of the book.
   Gina taught a lot of the history about the book, and she also put the knowledge that she learned in Fangher's room together. She explained how the main character, Melba, how her family is so afraid of white folks and her grandma always asks her leaves the whites alone. Gina said that because her grandma is a very religious woman, so she always tell Melba to wait for the helps from the god.
   Ronny and Jasiu were talking the story very deeply. Even though Jasiu got the book very late, but I feel like he still has things to talk about and very deep. First of all, both of them were talking what they feel the book , and the way they were arguing to each other. I don't really remember what they were talking about, so I just skip it.
   For me, although I did not talk so much, but I think I learn so much in the discussion. I ask two questions about the religious that Melba is in, and how is that impact her life. Also, I response to Gina's question, I said that because the slavery in Amercia history had a very big impact, this make the family feel afraid of the whites. Meanwhile, I said that Melba's grandma always asks her to wait for god's helps and do nothing. She also reminds Melba leave the whites away as always. This is what we have been discussed yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment